Volpaia Chianti Classico Riserva 2017
- Vineyards: Casavecchia, Casetto, Castellino, Campo a Prato, Pratolino, Santa Caterina, Santa Maria Novella, Vignavecchia
- Cultivation: Certified organic
- Vine Age: Planted 1970-2002
- Soil: All vineyards have light soil consisting of sandstone except Castellino and Santa Maria Novella, which are composed of clay.
- Elevation: On slopes between 400-600 meters (1,300-1,970 feet)
- Exposure: South, southeast, southwest
- Density: 1,038-2,306 vines/acre
- Training: Guyot
About Volpaia Chianti Classico Riserva 2017
A red with plenty of ripe fruit, such as berries and cherries with some fresh-herb and lemon undertones. It’s medium-to full-bodied with bright fruit and fine tannins. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold.